Sunday 2 March 2008

Mothers Day is for Grannys Too

This is a card I whipped up this morning for my Mom from my two girls. I stamped "Granny" using See D's and Brilliance ink on to pale blue card layered with bright blue card. I double stamped to create a shadow. I cut 2cms off a square card and attached the sentiment to the top of the card. I used a really pretty Papermania embossed vellum, edged with two strips of bright blue Papermania ribbon. The flowers were made by sticking Anita's outline stickers on to blue paper and cutting them out - they are attached to the card using 3D foam pads. Papermania gems add a bit of sparkle to their centres.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Gia: Great blog and collection of cards. Here in France it is Grandma's day but mother's day isn't until end of May/start of June.
Karen (SBS-13)

nessy said...

cannot believe you whipped it up so quickly!! what a lovely card (and lovely thought)
vanessa xx

Richelle said...

Love those blues...great colors...

SBS 13
Richelle

nessy said...

hi gia -you have been tagged - visit my blog for the questions!!
vanessa (nessysnotes) xx

Kari said...

Beautiful card!!! I love it! The flowers are sooo cute!! Thanks for inspiring!! :O)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card hun and welcome to the sisterhood SBS-13