Wednesday 2 April 2008

Purple Wednesday

Well I got a chance to do some crafting tonight! Seems like weeks since I had time to do anything creative! I decided to make a couple of purple themed cards. I also used some of my new mini messages from Craftwork Cards - they are great!



I made this card for a one of my oldest and dearest friends. She is waiting for some good news and I wanted to send her something to let her know my thoughts are with her. The base papers are from Papermania purple designer pack layered with Papermania card in dark purple and lilac. I added a purple prima flower secured with a Papermania flower brad. I added 4 purple gems in the each corner and a Craftwork Cards mini message.



For this card, I wanted to try out paper piecing - so Cakeabella's apron is done in this way. I also did the cake in purple card and added a bit of sparkle with my Sakura pen. I coloured the rest of her with coloured pencils. The base is purple Brazzil Basics and daisy paper by Scissor Sisters. I added a purple prima flower with a button in the middle. Lastly a cute flutter message by sentiment from Craftwork Cards.

10 comments:

Richelle said...

great cards Gia! Hope the news is good for your friend.
Richelle

jo said...

wow great cards, jo x

Angie C said...

Gorgeous cards Gia and hope your friend gets good news

Natalie said...

Gorgeous cards Gia. x

Kari said...

Great cards!!! I love the colors!!! Your paper piecing is wonderful!

Heather said...

Beutiful cards.

nessy said...

lovely cards gia!! more please!!
hope you friend hears the news she is hoping for!!
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. Love Bella! :-) xxx

Jo said...

Wonderful cards....I especially love the Bella one!

Maureen said...

Absolutely love it!! You did a great job with the paper piecing and I love the addition of the flower!